Somerset Day Community Interest Company’s (Somerset Day CIC ) registered address is Herons Dyke, South Road, Lympsham, Somerset BS24 0DY. Our Company Registration number is 09358071 registered in England and Wales. The Somerset Day and Shop Somerset websites are owned and operated by Somerset Day CIC.
We are committed to respecting your right to privacy, complying with all applicable UK laws to ensure that your personal information remains secure and only processed in line with your permission.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
This policy covers how we collect, use and process your personal information. From time to time we may make changes to this policy and will update this page to reflect those changes. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
We will always treat your information as private and confidential (but reserve the right to disclose this information when the law requires).
We may use your data for direct marketing and other marketing services. We like to keep you updated on our products so, from time to time, we’ll send you information, special offers and promotions by post and email. Under data protection law, it is legitimate for us to use your details for direct marketing.
However, we understand that not everybody wants to receive marketing mailings, so if you do not wish to receive any further information from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not use the information you submit for any marketing services without your consent.
We will not share your information with any other business for this purpose either.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or required under UK law to release your data, we are entitled to do so.
We will never sell, distribute or disclose any of your personal data (except anonymous aggregate information) to any third party without your consent.
We follow accepted industry standards to protect the personal information you submit to us. We will always take all reasonable steps including technical, organisation and staff training precautions to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
Your data is only stored within servers within the European Economic Area (EEA) which conform to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to satisfy any legal, account or reporting requirements.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
You can contact us directly if you have any questions regarding this policy or the use of your data at email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to Somerset Day CIC (a not-for-profit Community Interest Company) and its two websites, www.somersetday.com and www.shopsomerset.co.uk.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for listing a business and/or events on our websites.
Please read these terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before agreeing to any listings on either of our websites.
*Please see our special terms and conditions below for the twelve days of Christmas Giveaway 2021
LISTINGS AND MEMBERSHIP
All new Listings for either www.somersetday.com or www.shopsomerset.co.uk will be checked before the Listing goes live on the Website. This is so we can check that links are working, and proof-read content for spelling & grammatical errors.
We only list events and businesses which are based in Somerset
You may be asked to verify the origin of any products that your business sells in order that we can state whether they are made in Somerset.
We aim to approve all Listings within 48 hours of receipt. If there are any problems with the Listing we will contact you on the email address that you provided.
It is your responsibility to update your Listing should any information change and you must inform us immediately by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to reject any Listings that we do not deem appropriate for our sites. In this case any monies paid would be refunded in full.
If you wish to cancel your listing at any time you must notify us in writing at email@example.com.
All events on the somersetday.com website
Listing on the shopsomerset.co.uk website and interactive map and 50 word bio
Social media and website links
Please note a logo and additional featured image are not included in the Shop Somerset free listing package.
Same as free listing plus:
Image and logo with your listing
Access to our Shop Somerset Community via the Shop Somerset members private Facebook group
- FOUR FREE ‘TOP TIPS’ VIDEOS from our own specialists –
1. How to elevate your online presence
2. How to improve cashflow
3. Social media dos and don¹ts
4. Branding dos and don¹ts
- FREE insurance audit
- FREE print requirements review
- FREE website, branding and paid search account review/audit
- FREE 30 minute audit of your cloud accounting software and processes
- FREE regular virtual meditation sessions covering different topics and aspects of thinking and meditation
- PROMOTED posts on Shop Somerset social media
- OPPORTUNITY to join special Shop Somerset Webinars and debates
- OPPORTUNITY to meet and network with like-minded businesses
- DOWNLOADABLE ‘I am a Shop Somerset member’ logo
- ACCESS to free and discounted sales, marketing and business support from the team behind Shop Somerset and affiliates
Full details of the membership benefits can be found here
Annual membership is £119
You can join for just ￡10/month, payable by direct debit.
There is also a discounted membership offer of £89.99 payable annually which gives 12 months membership for the price of 9 months.
We are not VAT registered.
Where listings are charged for we accept online payment via Paypal and by a direct link using a fully protected, secure, payment gateway with Sage Pay. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Switch/Maestro. When you proceed to make your purchase, your browser makes a connection to the secure section of our website.
We may contact you for additional security purposes if necessary. Your credit or debit card will be charged in full at the time of any order.
IMAGES AND DESCRIPTIONS
We attempt to be as accurate as possible, however we cannot guarantee that product descriptions or other content is error free.
From time to time there may be information that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing and availability.
We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
While every effort has been made to portray images accurately, slight variations may occur and the reproduction of colours is as accurate as photographic and publishing processes will allow.
Please note there may be variations in colours dependant on the calibration and settings of individual screens.
We do not accept liability for any errors or omissions contained in our websites. We reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services at any time and without notice.
These are small text files, which your web browser places on to your computer or mobile device. They record information and provide us with information about how our website is used so we can continue to improve our site.
To find out more, including how to control or opt out of cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org
The contents of these pages and our websites (including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, text and other materials) are the copyright of Somerset Day Community Interest Company and/or the businesses and organisations who list events on our websites. Any images that are not our own are credited as necessary.
12 Days of Christmas Giveaway 2021 – Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- This is a promotion run by the Somerset Day Community Interest Company and supported by 12 Somerset businesses and is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
- The competition will run over 12 consecutive days from 1st December with the opportunity to WIN the following:
- 1 x The Somerset Cutting Garden 10” Winter Wreath. Available for delivery to mainland UK.
- 1 x small Hippychick Ladybird Wheelybug®. Available for delivery to mainland UK.
- 1 x Somerset Hamper from Pynes of Somerset and Somerset Larder. To be collected from Pynes of Somerset on or after 20th December 2021.
- 1 x free months membership to The Sangha House. Valid for 3 months from January 2022.
- 1 x Panettone and Prosecco Hamper from Olive and Rosy. To be collected from Olive and Rosy by 31st December 2021.
- 2 x Godminster Organic Cheddar and Prosecco Gift Sets. To be collected from Godminsters Shop by 23rd December 2021.
- 1x Childrens Photoshoot with Deborah Johnson Photography at her Illminster studio. Digital voucher to be used by 31st December 2022.
- 1 x Baytree Boxes Christmas Hamper. Available for delivery to mainland UK.
- 1 x black-smithed stag candle tray from West Country Blacksmiths. Available for delivery to mainland UK.
- 1 x Design Vaults ‘Peek a Boo’ heart necklace. Available for delivery to mainland UK.
- 1x Earth Fare Choci Hamper worth £40.00. Available for delivery to mainland UK.
- 1x family ticket to Haynes Motor Museum for 2 x adults and up to 3 children. Gift tickets are for ONE visit only and must be used within 12 months. Available for delivery to mainland UK.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or to win the competition.
- The competition will run for the “competition period” – 12:00GMT on the 1st December 2021 until 12:00GMT on the 13th December 2021.
- The competition will run on Instagram across @shop_somerset.
- The 12 x winners will be announced and contacted after 17:00 GMT on the 13th December 2021.
- The terms for collection or delivery of each prize are listed above. Every effort will be made to ensure the winners receive their prize before Christmas.
- To participate in this competition, entrants must not be Somerset Day Community Interest Company Board members, employees of the businesses involved, and must meet the following requirements (the “Eligibility Criteria”):
- Reside in the United Kingdom; and
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- The Somerset Day Community Interest Company reserves the right to withdraw, change or cancel the competition at any time. The Somerset Day Community Interest Company and their 3rd party donators decision in all matters will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.